20 minute meal
January 22, 2013 § Leave a comment
Though these are more “summer” recipes, it’s what we had on hand. Anyway, half of the world is basking in the warmer months at the moment, so this is in homage to the very warm (or so I have been told) summer that I am currently missing, and pining for, in New Zealand. I haven’t written amounts because I find these two are really up to personal preference. Like chilli? Add more. Like garlic? Add more. The pasta recipe can also be changed by adding chopped sun dried tomatoes – my personal favourite. Didn’t grab any photos, unfortunately. Bif was hungry!
Spaghetti with Garlic, Oil and Chilli and Cherry Tomato Salad
For the pasta:
For the salad:
Cherry Tomatoes/Sweeter large tomatoes
- Finely chop the garlic and chilli.
- Boil a pot of water and salt for the pasta. Add the pasta when the water is at a rolling boil.
- Heat a small pan with oil (enough to cover the amount of pasta you are using) to a low heat.
- Meanwhile, chop the tomatoes and season with the oregano, salt, pepper,basil and olive oil. Tastes similar to the topping of bruschetta.
- Add the chilli and garlic to the warmed pan and cook in the oil without letting the garlic brown. 2 or 3 minutes is plenty to let the flavours sink in to the oil. Set aside until the pasta is cooked.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and add the oil mix to the pasta. Mix together.
And voila! A nice quick dinner.
Til next time!